Through this article, we learned how to run. From here we learned how to do push-ups correctly. It’s time to learn how to pull up correctly, especially since it is not at all difficult and will not interfere at all for general physical development.
Pull-ups are no worse than push-ups or squats, all these exercises affect different groups of muscles and are all useful in their own way.
In order to pull yourself up, you need to buy a horizontal bar and have a desire to physically develop.
It is best to start with some experience of charging and motivation. I really liked the advice of the mother of one of the Khabrakhabrovtsy: “You guys, if you load yourself with strength exercises (push-ups, squats, pull-ups, iron deadlifts) without training (daily) stamina (running, swimming, cycling at least), you will become“ indoor pitching ”and with a high degree of probability do push-ups to hypertension. You have to at least walk a lot, let alone rush from one extreme to another, now sitting on a chair, now writhing on the floor – that’s not the point. ”
Well, in addition to the possibility of getting hypertension or something worse, you can still be very disappointed in yourself. For example, when I had not yet begun to do exercises regularly, I barely pulled myself up once, and even then, somehow . Therefore, some kind of “physical base” is simply necessary. Start pushing up, running, squatting, walking more, and after a week you can try yourself in pull-ups.
- They are useful for a large number of muscles (muscles of the forearm, biceps brachii, brachialis, long head of the traceps, pectoral and latissimus muscles, trapezius, serratus, round muscles of the back, posterior head of the deltoid and rhomboid muscles);
- Perfect for people with posture disorders and problems with the spine (and in fact many IT people have such problems);
- Doesn’t require going to the gym. The bar can be bought or found in any yard, on the sports field.
- Improves well-being and tone the whole body;
- They take a minimum of time (it is enough to set aside 5-10 minutes for a workout).
The main types of pull-ups
The most common option, but not the easiest one.
The muscles of the back, biceps, flexors of the forearm and shoulder muscles are mainly involved.
To perform, grab the crossbar shoulder-width apart, cross your legs (if it is more convenient) and try to touch the crossbar with the top of your chest (or at least your chin), then fully straighten out and repeat the possible number of times.
An easier option, but no less common. I recommend starting with it.
The main focus is on the biceps (which are more pumped up in beginners than the shoulder muscles, which are needed for a straight grip).
It is performed in the same way as a direct grip, only with the palms facing you.
And this is the most difficult option presented. Difficult in terms of muscle load and execution.
The trapezoidal and latissimus dorsi muscles are involved.
Move your hands 10-20 cm from shoulder level (the further, the more difficult). Pull up, trying to touch the crossbar with your chest, preferably looking up.
For newbies in pull-ups, I advise you to start with a reverse grip, gradually training in a straight one. When you reach 3-4 reverse grip pull-ups, I advise you to try the lats.
Types of horizontal bars
There are 2 types:
Door (inserted into the door opening)
+ Easier to install.
– Less comfortable (given the specifics of most buildings, there is a very high chance of getting a bump on your head when pulling up);
– No wide grip handles.