Tropicamide is a fairly popular pharmacy drug that can be obtained without much difficulty. It was originally intended for use in ophthalmology. Oculists prescribe this remedy as an anti-inflammatory. Tropicamide is also used for retinal surgery and is indispensable in the diagnosis of disorders such as glaucoma and cataracts.
People who are addicted to drugs use these drops because of the pronounced effect of opiates. Recently, there are more and more fans of tropicamide . Young people strive to experience the buzz and carelessly acquire eye drops without thinking about the dire consequences. Tropicamide replaced ephedrone , which took time to prepare, and it also successfully replaced Coaxil . Interestingly, until recently, drug addicts used drops to put in order narrowed pupils. Today, tropicamide is available over the counter at many pharmacies .
Attention! The consequences can be unpredictable and irreversible! If you need help, don’t hesitate: contact us now.
Tropicamide as a narcotic
Thrill-seekers use drops both in combination with opiates and as an independent drug. Method of use – intramuscular, intravenous, oral. Some patients add eye drops to opium or heroin: this can significantly enhance the narcotic effect, return the previous high and, unfortunately, doom themselves to crushing addiction. A person begins to experience an irresistible craving for the drug, his withdrawal symptoms turn into hellish torment. The required dose is gradually increasing. There are drug addicts who use several dozen bottles of tropicamide a day!
Consequences of regular use of tropicamide
- The main danger is the negative impact on the organ of vision. After application, the pupils dilate sharply, and the person feels pain even in low light indoors. There is a high risk of injury. Accidental experimentation with tropicamide often leads to blindness.
- Addicts can be identified by the translucent, waxy skin of an unpleasant icteric shade. The body stops fighting infections. Ultimately, after the solution is injected under the skin, an abscess and even gangrene may develop.
- As a result of the detrimental effect on the blood-forming organs, the level of hemoglobin sharply and rapidly decreases.
- The toxic effect on internal organs leads to serious health problems. Hepatitis or hepatosis can lead to cirrhosis of the liver. Organ failure is sometimes noted.
- Heart problems are often fatal. Arrhythmia, streptococcal sepsis, myocardiopathy are not jokes, but a serious threat to life.
- From time to time, the addict begins to experience symptoms that resemble seizures of epilepsy. Memory impairment is observed. Personal degradation is inevitable. Serious mental disorders can occur.
- In 100% of cases, withdrawal symptoms develop . During this period, the addict turns into an aggressive and uncontrollable monster, capable of anything for the sake of a dose. A person can cause serious harm not only to people around him, but also to himself. This is due to the unusually strong brittleness.
Dependence on tropicamide is a serious problem that cannot be dealt with on your own. A thoughtful and comprehensive approach is required. If you need help, be sure to contact our drug treatment clinic : we know how to find a way out of the most difficult situation.